Monday, October 26, 2015

English: Don't be fooled by first impressions!

A friend at Google+ shared this post with me, and I found it very helpful:

The cognitive biases that are killing your decisions by Jory Mackay.

From the post: "In our minds, the first bit of information we take in does hold special sway. The Anchoring cognitive bias is our tendency to rely heavily on our first impressions (or ‘anchor’ information) when making a decision. Once the anchor has been set, other judgments are made by adjusting away from that anchor without taking into consideration other viewpoints."

So...

Don't be fooled by first impressions!



This image is from cheezburger.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've set the comments for Google accounts only (but no word verification), or you can contact me by email (laurakgibbs@gmail.com) or at Twitter (@OnlineCrsLady). Due to some totally annoying spam, I'm moderating right now.