Saturday, July 15, 2017

Failure is an opportunity to grow.

I used this graphic in a presentation this week (slideshow and video here), so I thought it would be a good one to transcribe. As always, it's important to remember that you are not one or the other (in fact, that "either/or" thinking is a sign of a fixed attitude). Instead, the idea is that you are on a spectrum, with a growth mindset attitude being more strong in some areas of your life than others, and with different fixed mindset triggers that might bring out those limiting beliefs at any time. Learn what your fixed mindset triggers are so that you can be aware of them when they happen and think your way through them!


GROWTH MINDSET
Failure is an opportunity to grow.
I can learn to do anything I want.
Challenges help me to grow.
My effort and attitude determine my abilities.
Feedback is constructive.
I am inspired by the success of others.
I like to try new things.

FIXED MINDSET
I'm either good at it, or I'm not.
My abilities are unchanging.
I can either do it, or I can't.
I don't like to be challenged.
My potential is predetermined.
When I'm frustrated, I give up.
Feedback and criticism are personal.
I stick to what I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've set the comments for Google accounts only (but no word verification), or you can contact me by email (laurakgibbs@gmail.com) or at Twitter (@OnlineCrsLady). Due to some totally annoying spam, I'm moderating right now.