Tuesday, December 19, 2017

How to Manage Negative Thoughts

This is a very useful infographic that I found online at Twitter, but I do not have any idea as to the author. If anybody has information about that, let me know!



How to Manage Negative Thoughts

Challenge Your Thoughts:
What is the best thing that could happen?
What is the most likely thing that will happen?
What is the worst thing that could happen?

Check for Evidence:
What is the evidence for my thinking?
What is the evidence against my thinking?
How can I find out if my thoughts are true?

Write down your negative thoughts.
Put things into perspective.
Identify your automatic thoughts.
Distract yourself.
Learn what triggers your negative thoughts.
Learn to forgive yourself.

Instead of thinking... Try thinking...
I am not good enough -> I am good enough.
I can't do it -> I can do it.
Why does this always happen to me? -> This is just one bad day.
Everything is always my fault. -> I can't blame myself for everything.
I always fail. -> I will learn from this failure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've set the comments for Google accounts only (but no word verification), or you can contact me by email (laurakgibbs@gmail.com) or at Twitter (@OnlineCrsLady). Due to some totally annoying spam, I'm moderating right now.